Thursday, July 25, 2013

Deal Breakers

Deal Breaker - A "catch"that a particular individual can not over look and ultimately outweighs any redeeming quality another may posses.

Theres a lot of aspects in college that might attract you to it and there are some that make you just want to give up. I remember my first day in college. I did not have a clue what so ever on anything. I didn't know how to register for class. What the heck was a W number and do I have one? Many questions popped into my head and I had to go on my own to figure them out. 

Granted there were a lot of sources around campus you can use to figure your way around to help you with the simple things. There are a lot of classes in the 700 building that assist future and current students on picking the right classes, figuring out what major is fit for you, and counseling.

I felts counseling was one of the biggest solutions to all my problems. When you first sign up with Chabot you actually get assigned a class that introduces Chabot to future students. Although this may seem affective, I think now in the age of Technology we should provide more insight through email communication. The reason I suggest that is because some people can't make it to those classes before the semester starts. Since everyone has a mobile device or a computer now a days it would make more sense to communicate with them through those portals.

Potential Deal Breakers of A Chabot Student

1. The cafeteria only accepts cash (ITS 2013!)
2. There are not enough printing stations besides the library and 700 building
3. No campus security for night students ( we are people too )
4. Parking is a major bi-otch in the beginning of the semester
5. Chabot has no clue what International Baccalaureate is an weather they should be accredited
6. Stop favoring athletes
7. Nobody really cares about the student government activities (which they should, scholarships HELLO!)
8. Some of the teachers are boring in which case they are the easiest to pass, so we keep them around.


xoxo,
@K2theeLA

No comments:

Post a Comment