Thursday, July 25, 2013

Duncanville, TX


WORLDSTAR! I'm kidding. Seriously, the future of my generation is in turmoil. I guess one has to think, where does it all start. I mean its easy to assume a person's behavior derives from how their parents treat them. Then you can lead on to assume it who they hang out with and who their friends are. But then you have to think, is it the educational system that is influencing them as well? To think about it, teachers go through numerous amounts of students per year. Figuratively 31 each class, each semester. Thats most of young America today.

When a student goes against a teacher in class, the rest of us would just laugh and assume he's going to get in trouble. But isn't that what teachers are teaching us in class? Don't they tell us to fight for what we believe in? Yet when we question the exact authority that taught us that, we get punished? I call bullshit. I mean I've grown up to respect those who are older than me but that doesn't mean those who are older than me are RIGHT.

I guess its not the student but the teacher's attitude on how the class will go. Its like monkey see monkey do. If the teacher is late, the students will be late. If the teacher in boring, the students will be less and less entertained.

I had this international relations class in the spring that I wanna say I dreaded the most. I hated anything to do with history. Although its never changes, it was so fucking boring I wanted to shoot myself in the face every time I had to take a history class. But this one was different. The teacher's name was Sara Parker (probably not Parker anymore I think she got married). She made the reading material worth while. I felt that when she explained lectures in class, she did it with such enthusiasm that it was hard NOT to pay attention. I could give a rats ass about our government but she got me so consumed in the idea of the United Nations and how America is the "hegemon" of the world. Teachers like that will get you interested and pass the class.

Have you ever experienced a teacher like Ms. Parker or the teacher in the video? Comment!

xoxo,
@K2theeLA

No comments:

Post a Comment